Viser: Zero Trust Networks - Building Trusted Systems in Untrusted Networks
Detaljer Om Varen
- 1. Udgave
- Paperback: 250 sider
- Udgiver: O'Reilly Media, Incorporated (Juli 2017)
- Forfattere: Evan Gilman og Doug Barth
- ISBN: 9781491962190
The perimeter defenses guarding your network perhaps are not as secure as you think. Hosts behind the firewall have no defenses of their own, so when a host in the "trusted" zone is breached, access to your data center is not far behind. That’s an all-too-familiar scenario today. With this practical book, you’ll learn the principles behind zero trust architecture, along with details necessary to implement it.
The Zero Trust Model treats all hosts as if they’re internet-facing, and considers the entire network to be compromised and hostile. By taking this approach, you’ll focus on building strong authentication, authorization, and encryption throughout, while providing compartmentalized access and better operational agility.
- Understand how perimeter-based defenses have evolved to become the broken model we use today
- Explore two case studies of zero trust in production networks on the client side (Google) and on the server side (PagerDuty)
- Get example configuration for open source tools that you can use to build a zero trust network
- Learn how to migrate from a perimeter-based network to a zero trust network in production