SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: The Fundamentals of Product Design
Detaljer Om Varen
- Paperback: 192 sider
- Udgiver: Fairchild Books (Oktober 2016)
- ISBN: 9781472578242
Provides an integrated and cohesive view of the product design process, covering materials, manufacturing, idea generation, computer-aided design, engineering functions, product types, and market research.
This updated edition explores recent developments such as additive manufacture and crowd funding, and includes more consumer and lifestyle orientated products for a more product-based focus, supported by a range of new innovative examples and case studies from internationally-renown designers and studios.
The second edition also features a supportive document map that helps to reveal the steps in product creation, new projects and activities for every chapter, and additional references and web sources to allow students to further explore the world of product design.
Full of inspiring images covering a wide variety of product design examples, Richard Morris presents an engaging introduction to this sizeable topic that can be used as a useful guide to the processes involved in product design.
1. Product research Designing for people Case study: Tord Boontje Product requirements Case study: Jonathan Ive Defining needs Case study: Thomas Heatherwick Chapter summary and assignments
2. Product concepts Generating ideas Case study: Wayne Hemmingway Nurturing ideas Case study: Naoto Fukasawa Recognizing design trends Case study: Luigi Colani Chapter summary and assignments
3. Product development Concept selection Case study: Royal Philips Functionality Case study: d3O Form Case study: Matthew White Chapter summary and assignments
4. Production Pre-production Case study: Assa Ashuach Manufacturing Case study: Tom Dixon Operations Case study: Salter Chapter summary and assignments
5. Product launch Roll out Case study: Sir James Dyson Sales Case study: Vertu Chapter summary and assignments Conclusion
Glossary Further Resources Further Reading