SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: A Concise American History
A Concise American History Vital Source e-bog
David Brown, Thomas Heinrich, Simon Middleton og Vivien Miller
Simon Middleton, David Brown, Thomas Heinrich og Vivien Miller
Detaljer om varen
- 1. Udgave
- Vital Source searchable e-book (Reflowable pages)
- Udgiver: Taylor & Francis (Oktober 2020)
- Forfattere: David Brown, Thomas Heinrich, Simon Middleton og Vivien Miller
- ISBN: 9781000057720
Bookshelf online: 365 dage fra købsdato.
Bookshelf appen: ubegrænset dage fra købsdato.
Udgiveren oplyser at følgende begrænsninger er gældende for dette produkt:
Print: 2 sider kan printes ad gangen
Copy: højest 2 sider i alt kan kopieres (copy/paste)
Detaljer om varen
- Paperback: 552 sider
- Udgiver: Taylor & Francis Group (Maj 2020)
- Forfattere: Simon Middleton, David Brown, Thomas Heinrich og Vivien Miller
- ISBN: 9780415677172
Expertly steering readers through the often tumultuous and exhilarating history of the United States, from its early modern Native American roots to twenty-first century neoliberalism and the shifting political climate of the past decade, this highly readable textbook provides a compelling overview of American development over the last five centuries.
This book avoids either celebratory or condemnatory rhetoric to present a critical examination of domestic America and its interaction with the rest of the world. Balancing coverage of political, social, cultural and economic history, each chapter also includes a wealth of features to facilitate learning:
- Timelines situating key events in their wider chronology
- Lists of topics covered within each chapter for easy reference
- Concept boxes discussing selected issues in more detail
- Historiography boxes exploring key debates
- Chapter summaries offering condensed outlines of the main themes of each chapter
- Further reading lists guiding readers to additional resources
- Maps and images bringing to life important events and figures from America's history.
Clearly and engagingly written and positioning America's narrative within the wider global context, this textbook is particularly accessible for non-U.S. students and is the perfect introduction for those new to U.S. history.
This textbook is also supported by a companion website offering interactive content including a timeline, multiple-choice quizzes and links to selected web resources.
1. In Indian Country
2. Provincial Society in an Atlantic World
3. Politics and the Revolution
4. Creating a Republic
5. Capital and Democracy in the Antebellum Republic
6. Implosion: Slavery, Sectionalism and the American Civil War
7. The Long Reconstruction
8. The Emergence of a Superpower
9. Imperial America
10. Reform, Retreat and Reaction
11. The Great Depression and World War II
12. Cold War America
13. Conformity and Crisis
14. The Turbulent Sixities
15. Economic Turmoil and Conservative Triumph, 1969-1988
16. The Rise and Demise of the Neoliberal Order