SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: Writing for Academic Journals
Detaljer om varen
- 3. Udgave
- Paperback: 256 sider
- Udgiver: McGraw-Hill Education (September 2013)
- ISBN: 9780335263028
Offering a research-informed understanding of the contemporary challenges of writing for publication, this book gives practical advice for overcoming common obstacles such as finding a topic, targeting journals, and finding the time to write. The author offers a range of helpful writing strategies, making this an invaluable handbook for academics at all stages of their career, from doctoral students to early career researchers and even experienced academics.
The third edition has been comprehensively updated to reflect the changing landscape of academic writing, including the most recent research and theory on writing across the disciplines. Drawing on her extensive experience of running writing workshops and working closely with academics on developing writing, Rowena Murray offers practical and tested strategies for good academic writing.
New to the third edition:
- Advice on how to use social media to promote your publications
- More examples from different disciplines and journals
- More advice on how to tackle writer's block
- Extended end-of-chapter checklists
- New evidence that these strategies really work!
1. Why write for academic journals?
2. Targeting a journal
3. Finding time to write
4. Finding a topic and developing an argument
7. Revising the draft
8. Dialogue and feedback
9. Responding to reviewers' feedback
10. After publication Conclusion