SØG - mellem flere end 8 millioner bøger:
Viser: What Is Chemistry?
Detaljer Om Varen
- Hardback: 152 sider
- Udgiver: Oxford University Press (August 2013)
- ISBN: 9780199683987
Peter Atkins wants to change all that. In What is Chemistry? he encourages us to look at chemistry anew, through a chemist's eyes, to understand its central concepts and to see how it contributes not only towards our material comfort, but also to human culture.
Atkins shows how chemistry provides the infrastructure of our world, through the chemical industry, the fuels of heating, power generation, and transport, as well as the fabrics of our clothing and furnishings.
By considering the remarkable achievements that chemistry has made, and examining its place between both physics and biology, Atkins presents a fascinating, clear, and rigorous exploration of the world of chemistry - its structure, core concepts, and exciting contributions to new cutting-edge technologies.
Readership: An ideal introduction for all popular science readers interested in chemistry, as well as potential students of chemistry, and those who are familiar with Peter Atkins's work.
- A lively account celebrating the importance of chemistry
- Explains its basic structures, principles, and applications
- Considers the wide range of contributions chemistry has made to the modern world
- Demonstrates the vital place chemistry plays in cutting-edge developments, such as nanotechnology and smart materials
- An ideal introduction for anyone who would like to understand chemistry
- Written in a clear, concise style in non-technical language
1. Its origins, scope, and organization
2. Its principles: atoms and molecules
3. Its principles: energy and entropy
4. Its reactions
5. Its techniques
6. Its achievements
7. Its future
Kunder der købte denne bog købte også en af disse:
Make It Glow
LED Projects for the Whole Family
Emily Coker og Kelli Townley
om ca. 10 hverdage
den vigtigste naturvidenskabelige opdagelse nogensinde og hvorfor du har brug for at kende til den
om ca. 3 hverdage
om ca. 2 hverdage
om ca. 2 hverdage