Viser: Database Reliability Engineering - Designing and Operating Resilient Database Systems
Detaljer Om Varen
- Paperback: 294 sider
- Udgiver: O'Reilly Media, Incorporated (November 2017)
- Forfattere: Laine Campbell og Charity Majors
- ISBN: 9781491925942
The infrastructure-as-code revolution in IT is also affecting database administration. With this practical book, developers, system administrators, and junior to mid-level DBAs will learn how the modern practice of site reliability engineering applies to the craft of database architecture and operations. Authors Laine Campbell and Charity Majors provide a framework for professionals looking to join the ranks of today's database reliability engineers (DBRE).
You'll begin by exploring core operational concepts that DBREs need to master. Then you'll examine a wide range of database persistence options, including how to implement key technologies to provide resilient, scalable, and performant data storage and retrieval. With a firm foundation in database reliability engineering, you'll be ready to dive into the architecture and operations of any modern database.
This book covers:
- Service-level requirements and risk management
- Building and evolving an architecture for operational visibility
- Infrastructure engineering and infrastructure management
- How to facilitate the release management process
- Data storage, indexing, and replication
- Identifying datastore characteristics and best use cases
- Datastore architectural components and data-driven architectures